Wednesday 9 October 2013

Project 2 : Bicycle Parking and Workshop

Project two 
This project aimed to design the bicycle parking area and workshop in zone B or C+D. This project includes storage area and should have more than 30 bicycle parking racks. 

In the studio, I showed my draft idea and drawings and me and my tutor discussed about it. Our precedent model was Barcelona pavilion and I take the circulation made by separating infinite wall from outside to inside that breaks barrier and makes connecting spaces.

What i did for the conceptual drawing was that I played around with these continuous and folded L shape planes as wall, floor and roof ! I also considered the scenario and circulation of people around this place. The design has been developed as I add more detail and refine it. 
I think this process is crucial for Architectural designing process - the design can continuously decided and developed by what client / target / user wants and by  functions and other factors such as neighbour buildings, surroundings...etc

I was also asked to relate this project to my  first Kiosk design. So I decided to share the public area with Kiosk's zone and made a private garden that people need to discover :) This gives sense of common and contrast at the same time - Kiosk is more open public place but my workshop and the  garden is less opened but still kept in mind that workshop has to attract people and inform its function. 

As conclusion I want to share interesting parts in my design! 
1. circulation - fun way to access the little hidden garden and to workshop but didn't block the way much 
2. Various type of bicycle stands - wall mounted stand, self supporting stand , table stand and bench stand - can satisfy various activities happening 
3. Roof is a bit higher than other zone so longitudinal lights can come through the little gap between roof and ground of zone D and as doing this, it gives sense of continuity of land from zone D to the roof of storage area.
4. Interconnection between exterior and interior space as the wall extends from inside and intersect with the roof orthogonally and extends further

No comments:

Post a Comment