Wednesday 20 November 2013

2013 ARCH1102 Final Submission


2013 ARCH1102
Final Submission 


For our final submission of ARCH1102 studio, we were asked to refine our program 3 and make refined 1:100 model and 1:50 model of portion of our work.

Also, for engineering students in ARCH1102 course, we have been approved for 'Extension' of drawings by 5pm Friday, 22/11/2013 and submit the models on Tuesday , 19/11/2013.



I decided to select Kiosk as my portion for the 1:50 model but it also has strong relationship with Tower Gallery as both building share Ground floor and second floor ( roof for Kiosk and it connects with second floor of Tower Gallery so I wanted to show both building).

I started to make these models earlier so it makes possible to finish before due date during exam period.

My main ideas have been inspired by precedence of ARCH1102 course - Barcelona Pavilion and Column house - I tried to integrate the concepts of precedence into my design.
My kiosk and bicycle workshop , they consist of long (continuous) walls extending to the boundary of our site and interconnected spaces are made by walls which do not enclose the space between exterior and interior and between interior. 

Ground floor of Kiosk extends from elevated site to the lower ground and has large external stairway to the garden. People can access the garden through negative space (the space made by extended floor, stairway and garden) and various entries from pavement.

However, by contrast, tower gallery consists of closed area - as its function of displaying artworks and sculptures - and protect them. One of requirement of designing Tower Gallery was that there should be at least one skylight. My skylight connects from roof to the ground level but the light comes in zig-zag pattern reflecting by walls so the artworks are not affected.
Although it is enclosed spaces, I designed gate to the outside from second floor of gallery so from the second floor, people can go out to the outside and goes to Kiosk ( Kiosk has internal stairway to the roof). In addition, people also can go up to the top floor of gallery and go out to see the city view. 


Last comments about ARCH1102


 Throughout ARCH1102 studio and submissions, my skills of drawing and making model have been improved a lot compared to the beginning of this semester. The comments by tutor in studio really helped me organise my work and improve my design skills. 
 Even though I was not good at CAD program and was not used to design processes , I did work hard and now I am very satisfied by my works and design processes that I have to go through lots of trials. 
 I believe that this course would lead me one step ahead to the real architectural world and hope that I can do better in Architectural studio 3 next year.   


No comments:

Post a Comment